So, I've finally moved out!
I'm writing this post in my local coffee shop with a green tea by my side while I think back to everything I've achieved over the past few days. It's been a pretty hectic weekend I can tell you that! This is the first time I've actually sat down and relaxed! I was in Manchester pretty much all of Friday, checking over and finalising the last few things on my to-do list before the big move.

Saturday was very cool indeed! I travelled up to Scotland, Glasgow to be precise to meet one of my biggest style and fashion inspirations, Chris John Millington. This, as you can imagine was a pretty big deal for me and my blog, which I'll share with you all this coming Sunday. I couldn't of wished for a cooler guest to write about and feature across on my blog to celebrate The Unidentified Rocker turning one year old! I'm going to keep very secretive about it for now. I guess you'll have to come back Sunday to find out what happened when I met MR. Millington last weekend.

The whole moving process would have been a lot easier if I'd actually not been so bloody hungover Monday! That wasn't the plan, yet it happened and it was bad! My last night out in Newcastle before the move was scheduled Sunday, this turns out, this wasn't the best idea! Everything I was meant to get done, packed, sorted out, had to be done pre-move, yes, I always leave things to the very last minute! Did this happen you ask? Ha! Well I was still in bed at 3PM Monday afternoon after being unable to open my eyes because of the beast of a hangover! All self-infliction of course! Ikea happened, I think? But that was more comparable to the seven circles of hell! Avoid Ikea at all costs with a hangover, I speak wise words! Saying all that, I don't think I'd change it, I'd still go out and get as drunk now if I was to do it all again. It was just so good catching up with a few pals before leaving for Manchester!

So with none of my tasks completed, was moving out even going to happen? Well, the thought had crossed my mind the night before. However, somehow after hours of packing up all of my possessions the same day as the move, I managed it! My dad and I drove down to Manchester in a huge van yesterday and sorted everything. It all eventually worked out! I threw all my stuff in my bedroom, made my bed (which turned out, I'd bought sheets two sizes too small.) I thought I had a double, turns out it's a king size and it's huge! I spend my night last night wrapped ina bundle of material as nothing fit anywhere, but after my a celebratory drink at Jimmy's bar, it didn't seem so bad.

All that aside, I'm here, I've moved! I'm now in the hustle and bustle of Manchester and I'm loving it! I am trying my best to make things as homely as possible. I'll think you agree my rooms looks pretty good, doesn't? I'm pretty proud of what I've managed to do this morning alone. As well as buying larger bed covers! I think I've nailed the cosy vibe. It's not looking that rock 'n' roll in my opinion (yet) but I'm sure I can work the ol' magic. I've yet to connect the vinyl turntable, tuner and CD tower, so once that's all working and together I think I'll be set!

I'll make sure I give you a full tour next week. Plus I have stuck to my promise and made a short YouTube video for you all tonight, my apologies again for missing Sunday, but I now know why people say moving is stressful!

Click the link below to watch my YouTube video and keep an eye out for Sunday's 1-year special!


Post a Comment